FAQs: Thrive-Core MC5 Wellness Course
Susan O’Quinn (BCS, BSW, MSW) is a Registered Social Worker & Psychotherapist in the province of ONTARIO Canada. She is registered and a member in good standing with the OCSWSSW and her registration number is 800976. She is able to provide a receipt with her credentials. This can be used for income tax or insurance reasons. Social Work &/or Psychotherapy services are covered by many health care insurance companies.
To determine if the cost of this program is deductible, please contact your insurance provider. The following information/questions will be important to ask:
- Do you cover social work and/or psychotherapy disciplines?
- Do you cover group services or only individual therapy?
- Do you cover educational/prevention supports?
- Are online services covered?
At this time, this program is offered as a group education program.
Individual therapy is NOT included in the THRIVE-CORE MC5 introductory offer.
- Yes..the BETA TESTER option is available at NO FINANCIAL COST at this time. This option will not be offered in the future. If you want to take advantage of this now is the time to do so!
- Susan seeks user feedback to develop the course and ensure that its format and structure is useful. As a thank you to those who are willing to help, Susan is providing the program at NO financial cost. She invites all those curious about the topic to take part.
In exchange for the information and guidance provided, Beta Testers will be expected to:
- Complete anonymous feedback about material presented.
- Yes/no/and scale (On a scale of 1-10) type questions
- Self reported wellness rating before and after program to measure whether program was beneficial.
- Complete a testimonial /program review at end of program to share personal experience. Testimonial can be completed either in writing or by video. (Personal choice)
- Share any ‘glitches/issues’ they may experiences
- Share what they found most useful
For those interested in participating in the program but are not interested in providing feedback along the way, BACKSTAGE PASS is a paid option. Currently being offered at $150 which is 50% off of the recommended introductory course price.
Registration is required for the following reasons:
- Ensure those accessing material are motivated to take action. Personal change requires two parts: knowing AND doing. To complete this program, individuals will be encouraged to implement the ideas and suggestions provided. Completing registration is the first actionable step to change.
- To get a sense of what ‘role’ individuals want to serve in this introductory roll out and wether they want to assist in program development.
- To help Susan walk through & improve all elements in course delivery and development.
- Only those registered will gain access to the PRIVATE LEARNING PORTAL.
Susan understands that talking about mental health and wellness is a personal matter and that these can be barriers to accessing support. Working online and developing this course are ways that she hopes to reduce this hurdle.
Susan will place all learning material (video lectures, homework assignments, tips and suggestions) in a private learning portal that participants can access privately. For anyone who is uncomfortable with the private Facebook group, they can complete all course work on their own, independently.
Private FACEBOOK GROUP
Only registered members will be invited to a private Facebook group. This will ensure that only those motivated to take the course at this time are included. Each time the course is offered, a new ‘private Facebook cohort’ will be created. This way, you will share company with those in the same learning journey.
Additional steps you can take to enhance privacy and comfort in Private FACEBOOK GROUP:
There are many valid reasons why someone may be reluctant to join a group on social media where others can see them or their profile.
If it is a factor impacting your participation or comfort level, please consider setting up an ALIAS Facebook account that does not include your personal information. When registering, share your ALIAS account with Susan and she will be sure to invite your ALIAS to private page.
Susan hopes that the private FB group can be a safe space for members to receive information, ask questions, encourage others and to share successes with each along the way. She will be assessing this feature as we move through the course for its suitability.
During the roll out, Susan will examine the benefits/risks of the use of a private FB group for course participation and user learning.
A 6 week time frame has been chosen for this introductory offer in order to allow time and space to make personal change. The course will begin March 7 -April 17 2021.
- Portal and facebook updates (3x/week)
- Weekly topic Video (Sunday)
- Q/A & information about predictable hurdles
- Weekly assignments to create personal wellness recipe.
The online learning portal is a separate online location where the course materials will be updated & stored. You will receive a welcome email with a link with login information to view course videos, messages, tasks and goals as well as any bonus material added along the way.
You should expect to receive EMAIL with log in information on the first day of the course.